About Me

Hi, my name is Hoss. I have been playing music for over 20 years and enjoy using the gifts that God has given me to return praise back to Him. I currently lead worship at El Camino Baptist Church in Tucson, AZ. I hope you enjoy my blog and let me know what you think of my songs. For easier access you can jump to different songs by using the Labels section.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Psalm 6

One of my favorite songs to play (Katie will even tell you that she's heard way too much of this one). I finished this song while sitting by myself on a beach in Mexico so I'll always have that memory with this one. Just a little acoustic guitar song with a great promise.

Click here to listen

Lyrics:
Verse 1: Be gracious to me for I am weak
Heal me Jehovah
For my bones are tired, my soul is weak
How long, how long

Chorus: Return to me, merciful God
Heal me by Your love
Return to me, merciful God
How long, how long

Verse 2: I am worn out from the pain of this world
I cry in my bed at night
My eyes grow tired from sorrow and grief
How long, how long

Verse 3: Depart from me iniquity
The Lord heard my crying
He's answered my prayer, He's given me hope
He's heard, He's heard

Psalm 6:2-4 & 6-9: "Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am faint; O LORD, heal me, for my bones are in agony. My soul is in anguish. How long, O LORD, how long? Turn, O LORD, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love. I am worn out from groaning; all night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears. My eyes grow weak with sorrow; they fail because of all my foes. Away from me, all you who do evil, for the LORD has heard my weeping. The LORD has heard my cry for mercy; the LORD accepts my prayer."

1 comment:

  1. In process...I counted the other day and I have 26 songs written so far...just need to keep recording. Hopefully will have time during my vacation over the holidays to at least record a few more.

    ReplyDelete