About Me

Hi, my name is Hoss. I have been playing music for over 20 years and enjoy using the gifts that God has given me to return praise back to Him. I currently lead worship at El Camino Baptist Church in Tucson, AZ. I hope you enjoy my blog and let me know what you think of my songs. For easier access you can jump to different songs by using the Labels section.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Psalm 15

As I was looking at what lyrics to do for this very short psalm, I loved how it was basically spelling out how a righteous man should be living. Instead of wording it exactly as the psalmist, I wanted to personalize it and make it the prayer for my own life. Again, just me and my acoustic with a little harmony.

Click here to listen

Lyrics:

Verse 1: May my walk be blameless
May I do what's right
May I speak the truth from my heart
Pure and holy in Your sight


Verse 2: May I flee slander
And to my neighbor do no wrong
May I use my words to lift him up
And bring him along


Verse 3: May I hate evil
And honor those who fear the Lord
May I keep my word when it hurts
And give to the poor


Ending: May I never be shaken
May I never be shaken
May I never be shaken


Psalm 15:2-5: "He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart and has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellowman, who despises a vile man but honors those who fear the LORD, who keeps his oath even when it hurts, who lends his money without usury and does not accept a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things will never be shaken."

No comments:

Post a Comment