About Me

Hi, my name is Hoss. I have been playing music for over 20 years and enjoy using the gifts that God has given me to return praise back to Him. I currently lead worship at El Camino Baptist Church in Tucson, AZ. I hope you enjoy my blog and let me know what you think of my songs. For easier access you can jump to different songs by using the Labels section.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Psalm 1

A couple of years ago, I started a project to write a song for every Psalm. While I know this will be a long (probably lifetime?) goal, I hope it is one that I someday am able to accomplish. On some psalms I go word for word from Scripture and on some I do a little paraphrasing from the Hoss Standard Version (HSV...a little joke for Pastor Ron). This was the very first one that started it all. A little piano number with simple lyrics and some harmony.


Lyrics:

His delight is in the law of the Lord
His delight is in the law
And in His law he meditates day and night

He'll be like a tree firmly planted by the streams of water

Psalm 1:2-3: "But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers."

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry...I've got some ideas planned that I'll need some help on :)

    ReplyDelete