About Me

Hi, my name is Hoss. I have been playing music for over 20 years and enjoy using the gifts that God has given me to return praise back to Him. I currently lead worship at El Camino Baptist Church in Tucson, AZ. I hope you enjoy my blog and let me know what you think of my songs. For easier access you can jump to different songs by using the Labels section.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Psalm 14

I think this one feels a lot like a Mazzy Starr song called "Into Dust". This is the first song I've gotten to break out my new toy as well. It's called an E-bow and uses magnets to vibrate the strings instead of strumming them which makes it sound like they are being bowed. You'll hear it on the solo lines.

Click here to listen

Lyrics:

Verse 1: The Lord looks down from heav'n
To see if any understand
Are there any who seek
Among the sons of men?
All have turned aside
To the sin inside


Verse 2: There they are overwhelmed
There they are undone
He is refuge to the poor
He is present with His sons
Oh that salvation come
Oh that the Lord would come

Psalm 14:2-3, 5 & 7: "The LORD looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God. All have turned aside, they have together become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one. There they are, overwhelmed with dread, for God is present in the company of the righteous. Oh, that salvation for Israel would come out of Zion! When the LORD restores the fortunes of his people, let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad!"

No comments:

Post a Comment