About Me

Hi, my name is Hoss. I have been playing music for over 20 years and enjoy using the gifts that God has given me to return praise back to Him. I currently lead worship at El Camino Baptist Church in Tucson, AZ. I hope you enjoy my blog and let me know what you think of my songs. For easier access you can jump to different songs by using the Labels section.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Psalm 16

Merry Christmas to all. I hope you all have a wonderful time with family remembering why we get to celebrate. Nothing too different with this song. A bit of a country swing added in for something new.

Click here to listen

Lyrics:

Verse 1: Keep me safe, my God, for in You I
In You I take my refuge
I say to You, You are my Lord
Apart from You I have no good thing
I have no good thing


Chorus: Lord, You alone, my portion and my cup
Lord, You alone, my portion and my cup
My lot secure, in You I trust


Verse 2: I will praise the Lord who teaches me
At night my heart instructs me
I keep my eyes always on You Lord
With You I'll not be shaken
I'll not be shaken


Verse 3: Therefore, my heart is glad, my tongue rejoices
My body rests secure
You never let me go, You give me life
You fill me up with Your joy
The joy of Your presence


Psalm 16:1-2, 5 & 7-11: "Keep me safe, O God, for in you I take refuge. I said to the LORD, “You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.” Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay. You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.."

No comments:

Post a Comment