About Me

Hi, my name is Hoss. I have been playing music for over 20 years and enjoy using the gifts that God has given me to return praise back to Him. I currently lead worship at El Camino Baptist Church in Tucson, AZ. I hope you enjoy my blog and let me know what you think of my songs. For easier access you can jump to different songs by using the Labels section.

Friday, April 8, 2011

You Are God

So I realized I haven't posted anything in almost a month. Tsk, tsk. I'm going to spend some time recording this weekend I think, so keep an eye out for at least one new song. Well, here's another older recording of a piano song I wrote called "You Are God". I don't usually have an intent when I begin writing a song; it usually kind of writes itself. However, with this one I wanted to write something so simple and easy to remember that people wouldn't have a hard time with the melody and/or lyrics. Two of my models for this song were "Isn't He Beauitful?" and "I Love You Lord"...simple songs that everyone knows and loves. Anyway, many thanks to Deb Acker for doing the lead vocal.
Lyrics:

Verse 1: You are God
You and only You
Praise be to You, O God

Verse 2: You saved me
You and only You
Praise be to You, O God

Chorus: For You alone are He
That makes my life complete
And I long to be with You, God

Verse 3: I will follow You
You and only You
Praise be to You, O God

1 comment: