About Me

Hi, my name is Hoss. I have been playing music for over 20 years and enjoy using the gifts that God has given me to return praise back to Him. I currently lead worship at El Camino Baptist Church in Tucson, AZ. I hope you enjoy my blog and let me know what you think of my songs. For easier access you can jump to different songs by using the Labels section.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Easter Song

So here's a really quick version of Easter Song. Just putting this up on the site so those on our Modern Team can listen to it. I'll eventually be redoing this with the full band sound. I'm not one for remaking songs but back about three years ago, there was a request of me to have this song played during Easter. I wasn't a big fan of this song to begin with but there are great versions (look up Keith Green) and super cheesy/campy versions (look up Glad). I am not a big fan of remakes unless you make it your own so I completely redid the chorus to modernize it a little bit. Please note I do not take credit for writing this song. That honor belongs to Anne Herring.

Click here to listen

Lyrics:

Verse 1: Hear the bells ringing
They're singing that we can be born again
Hear the bells ringing
They're singing Christ is risen from the dead

Bridge: The angel upon the tombstone said
He is risen just as He said
Quickly now go tell His disciples
That Jesus Christ is no longer dead

Chorus: Joy to the world
He's the risen Lord, we sing alleluia
Joy to the world
He's the risen Lord, we sing alleluia

No comments:

Post a Comment