About Me

Hi, my name is Hoss. I have been playing music for over 20 years and enjoy using the gifts that God has given me to return praise back to Him. I currently lead worship at El Camino Baptist Church in Tucson, AZ. I hope you enjoy my blog and let me know what you think of my songs. For easier access you can jump to different songs by using the Labels section.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Psalm 23

So...we arrive at the most well known psalm of all. This was a hard one to write in a way though God was good in gifting me with the idea. I wanted to use the whole psalm (I normally use a a few verses that I find key or that speak personally to me), and I wanted to write something that was in my own style (so many people have written songs to this psalm that I wanted to make sure I did my own). I went back to my roots with just me and my piano on this one. Happy Easter to all!

Click here to listen

Lyrics:

You are my shepherd, I shall not want
You make me lie down in green pastures
You lead me beside still waters
You restore my soul.
You guide me in paths of righteousness
You guide me in paths for Your Name's sake
Even though I walk through shadows of death
Through shadows of death
You are with me.
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me
You prepare me a table before mine enemies
You anoint my head with oil
My cup runneth o'er, my cup runneth o'er
Surely goodness, love and mercy
Follow me through all my life and I
Will dwell with You forever, forever
Forevermore.

Psalm 23: "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for His Name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

4 comments:

  1. Hoss, this is the most Beautiful song. You are amazing on the piano and we all love to hear you play. I am anxious for you to play and sing this at Modern Service soon....Keep going,and going......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the kind words. It really is my prayer that God be glorified through praising of His name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, melancholic, encouraging, and praise for God's promises and who He is.

    ReplyDelete