About Me

Hi, my name is Hoss. I have been playing music for over 20 years and enjoy using the gifts that God has given me to return praise back to Him. I currently lead worship at El Camino Baptist Church in Tucson, AZ. I hope you enjoy my blog and let me know what you think of my songs. For easier access you can jump to different songs by using the Labels section.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Psalm 4

So it's been a while since I've been able to post any music. Who know that preparing for a baby would take so much work. Anyway, I found some old recordings I did about two years ago. I'll eventually re-record all of them but thought I'd upload them for some fun. This is one that we've played a lot in our Modern Service. A good full band song with lots of energy. Thanks to Rob McCreight for drumming.

Click here to listen

Lyrics:

Verse: Answer me when I call to You, O God
Give the peace I need to carry on
I offer a sacrifice of praise that's true
I put my trust, my faith, my hope in You

Pre-Chorus: You have filled my heart with greater joy
More than earthly things can do
I lay down and sleep in peace, O Lord
In a peace that comes from You.

Chorus: Let the light of Your face shine upon us
Let Your mercy and grace reign down
Let the light of Your face shine upon us
Let Your mercy and grace surround me

Psalm 4:1, 5, 7 & 8: "Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer. Offer right sacrifices and trust in the Lord. You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound. I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."

1 comment: