About Me

Hi, my name is Hoss. I have been playing music for over 20 years and enjoy using the gifts that God has given me to return praise back to Him. I currently lead worship at El Camino Baptist Church in Tucson, AZ. I hope you enjoy my blog and let me know what you think of my songs. For easier access you can jump to different songs by using the Labels section.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Psalm 18

I really love the beginning of this psalm (I used it for the chorus). David goes through a bunch of adjectives/Names of God, all of them dealing with God's strength and unchangingness. But my favorite line comes from verse 31, "For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God?"

Click here to listen

Lyrics:

Verse 1: The earth trembled at the voice, the voice of the Most High
The foundations shook at the sound of my God and Savior
I will give thanks, I'll sing praise to Your Name for Your lovingkindness
The Lord lives, the lord lives

Chorus: I love You, Lord, You are my Strength
You are my Rock, my Fortress and Refuge
You're worthy of praise, my Stronghold and Shield
You're my salvation, You are my Strength

Verse 2: His way is blameless, His Word is true, a shield about me
He gives strength to me and his hand, His hand upholds me
You train me for battle, who is God but the Lord, who's a Rock but our God?
And Your gentleness makes me great

Psalm 18:1-3, 7, 13, 30-32, 34, 46 & 49: "I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies. The earth trembled and quaked, and the foundations of the mountains shook; they trembled because he was angry. The Lord thundered from heaven; the voice of the Most High resounded. As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him. For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God my Savior! Therefore I will praise you among the nations, O Lord; I will sing praises to your name."

No comments:

Post a Comment